Monday, January 10, 2011

A Time For Peace, I Swear Its Not Too Late....

Disclaimer!!  Political Views Ahead!!

I need to vent, this was one of the reasons I started this blog.  So far though, I have only used it as a way to keep in touch with family and friends that live far away and as a scrapbook.  Understandably, if you wish to skip this post until I'm in a better mood, all is forgiven!  I know that Bob and John would be proud for speaking my mind!

I am a liberal Democrat. 

 I believe in equal rights for all people, white, black, yellow, purple and green, gay, straight, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgender or undecided, men and women.

 I am for a women's right to choose what is best for her body and life.

  I don't think you need a semi-automatic weapon for hunting or home protection.  

 I loath guns and war and loss of life on both sides.

I am thankful for the men and women that are or have served in the military.

 I like Obama care, its not perfect but it is a start. 

I voted for Barack Obama.

I feel that it's completely wrong that immigrants are being shot for crossing a border to live and work in the U.S. and attempt to make a better life for them and their family.  Thank goodness no one shot our immigrant great great great grandparents when they came over in a boat or I would not be here writing this and you would not be reading this.

I believe in peace and I TRY to see the good in all people no matter how hard.

I have my beliefs and you have yours.  I would never turn my back on you or be embarrassed by you for disagreeing with me, no matter how many times it has been done to me.  I will not change to please you.

I have a hard time being patient with racist people and views.  While getting my hair done a few months back,  I over heard a conversation about politics, one lady said "Women should never be able to run for President, I only think men should be President, but not a black man."  Really!!  Thanks for setting the women's and civil rights movements back another 20 years!  

I will teach my girls to be strong independent women with open minds and big hearts. I will encourage them to be what they want and except them.

I wish no one any ill will or death for their political affiliation, nor would I entice others by putting targets on the opposition.

I hope for our sake as well as our children's and our grandchildren that all political parties can come together and make our country united again, find common ground, at least try! 

Christina a 9 year old, third grader was shot and killed while attending an event for Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)  She was born on 9-11-01.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. You don't have to be a liberal democrat to agree with all of those views. Personally I consider myself a liberal republican and we think a lot alike. Love you!

    ReplyDelete