Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like

Well Christmas has came and went, and who can believe a new year is among us?  I'm excited and look forward to 2011, so many opportunities. 




But back to Christmas, although I could not imagine being any happier about the time our family spent together and the wonderful gifts and food we received, there were a few missing people this year. 


Everyone Showing Off The Goods!


Madeline, Lainey and I stayed the night at mom and dad's Christmas Eve to help get things prepared for the next day and to be able to be together to experience the joy that Santa left us all, as well as open our gifts from each other and chow down!  Dallas had to work nights that whole weekend and as happy as we are for the new job and thankful, it left a big empty space in my heart not to have him there.  Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good, and as Yukon Cornelius from Rudolph says, "Bumbles Bounce!"  Luckily the girls slept late and we were able to hold them off from checking out the loot that Santa left long enough for Dallas to get home, shower and join us!  Papaw Albert joined us later for lunch and games.


Lainey Showing Papaw Albert How To Play NDS!!
 
Papaw Charlie and Nannie went to the big city to visit with Aunt Nae Nae, Uncle Duke, Owen and Abbie.  They too, had much needed family time that they deserve. Still, I missed the warmth of a big Abbie hug or the sting from Owens new Nerf gun. Okay, so I could live without the Nerf gun!  Nephew Ryder tore us all up with his at the Annual Before Christmas, Handsome Papaw Charlie Christmas.


Ryder Taken Aim!
 

Then there's Jeremy.  God help me, I love that kid!  When I think of Christmas, I think of him and remember all the wonderful times we had together as kids.  When he was around 7, he sat me down for a serious talk and asked me about the man in the red suit.  I told him the truth, that mom and dad was Santa, but cautioned him that if they found out the truth and knew that he didn't believe anymore, that the fantasy would end, no elf made gifts anymore.  The charade went on for a couple more years!  Not having him there to enjoy his childlike joy of Christmas, as well as for him to experience the girls' is hard, but as we grow up, move out, marry and start our own lives,  these things happen and are understandable. "Put one foot in front of the other!" Kris Kringle

Our recent addition to our family, Brandon, was missed as well!  Brandon is from Florida, where his two sets of grandparents, mom, brother and many other loved ones still reside.  Understandably so, he and Jeremy spent Christmas there.  I do so envy him for I miss terribly and cherish the times I had with my grandmother, and wish him many more with his.  Growing up with only one sibling I really never cared to have any others, but once I married, I became the sis to Sarah, Duke, Michael, Jackie, Erin, Steve and now Brandon.  I could not be any happier about that! I would also like to thank you Brandon, thanks for joining our family and thank you for your family excepting and loving Jeremy!



Don't get me wrong, this story may sound a little somber, I had a wonderful Christmas!  I just want to remind those not in attendance that they were in my heart and head the whole time!  And he waved good bye saying "Don't you cry, I'll be back again some day!"  Frosty the Snowman

FYI   A Christmas with all of us, together, in one big building, at the same time, would have to be the best Christmas imaginable!  Get on that!

1 comment:

  1. Tears...I love you sweetie and oh that "7 year old joy" that only Jeremy can bring is priceless. I feel so blessed to not only have him in our lives but you too! Love you and hugs! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete