Friday, November 5, 2010

At The Dog Wash!



Learning To Groom!

Although we had our rough times in KC, we had our good times too!  Through work, I once again made new friends and made a career.  I started Pet Smart a few months after moving there.  I started as a cashier, but quickly moved into management, still longing for something more.  I knew I loved the job, loved the people I worked with, loved the pets, but as I watch the dogs in the pet salon I knew where I really wanted to be.  Unfortunately, it took awhile to get there, with all the begging and pleading to let me move on, sometimes being an asset to the company can have it's drawbacks, but once an opportunity for a salon manager position arose, I jumped on it with both feet!  To be a groomer at Pet Smart you must become a bather, go to an academy and then complete an apprenticeship with a salon manager and after grooming 100 dogs under their tutelage, you become certified.  It was a lot harder than it sounds, but I enjoyed every bit of it, and without it, I wouldn't be where I am today.  I love all my PS friends and miss you dearly!!
 
My Other Daughter, Prudence!

Eight years later, I am still grooming, and still loving it.  It most defiantly, is a ever changing job, and for the most part, is different everyday.  Its a joy to get regular customers that not only you care about, but care about you, and become a part of the family.  Give me a call if your dog needs a buzz @ Animal Health Center in Charleston!!  1-573-683-4445

The End!


No comments:

Post a Comment