Sunday, November 7, 2010

Anything Can Happen On Halloween!!




Another year, another costume!!  Halloween has came and went. This was the first "real" Halloween for Lainey!  Of course, I dressed her up the last two years and, of course, I took her "trick or treating," but this year she was old enough to GET it!! She walked up to each of those doors and said "trick or treat" and "thank you" to everyone.  There was no shy bone in her body once she realized that candy was involved!  Dallas, unfortunately, had to work this year, but took them to one house before to see the girls in action.  She kept saying, "okay, dis the las house, I freezin, oh wait, can we go to dat one?"  Madeline enjoyed herself as usual, she has gotten over the "scary" costume issue, which is a good thing.  I understand it's scary for a kid to see people dressed up as ghost and such, but I also know they can miss out on a lot of fun stuff from being scared of everything too!  Example, Thriller!

In my attempt to be more adventurous, this year I decided to participate in "Thrill the World."  Thrill the World is an annual international dance event and world record breaking attempt, for Guinness World Records, in which participants simultaneously emulate the zombie dance seen in the music video of Michael Jackson's "Thriller."  As apprehensive as I was, I dressed the girls in their costumes and myself in mine, the zombie version of the "lunch lady," RIP Chris Farley!!  We went an hour before the actual recorded performance to learn the dance.  Lainey, not yet over her scary costume phobia, chickened out at the first sound of the scary music, but Madeline and I danced on! If I would've had another hour, I probably would have gotten it down, but I did okay considering I haven't dance danced since I was 7 or so.  I was proud of myself for taking a risk and going out of my comfort zone. I, not only had a good time dancing like a crotch grabbing zombie, but I spent quality time with Madeline, whom I am always telling, "You can do anything!"  Hopefully, I set an example of that for her, but a fond memory would suffice!  For a look see at my awesome dancing skills, search Thrill the World Sikeston 2010!


 
 
2008

2009

2010

No comments:

Post a Comment